Sparta Area Job Opportunities
The Village will post job opportunities from area businesses to help match employees with employers. Any contact for the openings needs to be directed to the business listed in the posting.
Direct Support Professional Needed!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others and get paid to?
At MOKA we believe in crafting opportunities for independence and acceptance in our communities by supporting adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities in making choices, forming relationships, sharing places, developing skills, improving reputations and giving back.
MOKA is seeking Direct Support Professionals to work in a Specialized Residential Home located in Belmont, Michigan. No experience necessary, MOKA provides paid training. Positions start at $10.55.
Full time and part-time, 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts available.
The Residential Support Staff supports individuals with disabilities in a residential environment including activities within the community.
Essential Functions: Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Advocates for those served on personal, family, and community levels.
- Observes and documents changes in the physical and mental condition of those served.
- Administers first aid and simple nursing procedures as needed.
- Ensures the privacy and dignity of those individuals living in the home and reports any suspected abuse or neglect.
- Transports individuals to and from community locations using an agency vehicle or personal vehicle as needed.
- Administers programs to individuals and documents progress, as prescribed.
- Assists in meal preparation, cleaning, small home repairs and light residential maintenance duties.
- Provides hospitality to all visitors at the residence.
- Explores opportunities for community participation.
Minimum requirement of 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma or GED and have a valid driver’s license. To view a detailed job description visit www.moka.org/careers.
These positions offer flexible schedules, paid training, paid time off, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement and health, dental and vision insurance for positions meeting eligibility requirements.
Please apply online at www.moka.org/careers
MOKA is an equal opportunity employer
Dean Transportation Opportunities
School Bus Drivers
Train for a rewarding career! Now hiring school bus drivers in Sparta, Cedar Springs, and Kent City. $16.00 per hour to start with competitive benefits package provided including health insurance, 401K, and paid time off. No prior professional driving experience required – we provide paid training to achieve a Commercial Driver’s License. Must have excellent driving history, pass background check, physical exam and ongoing drug screening.
Apply online at www.deantransportation.com/jobs or in person Mon-Fri at one of our offices:
429 S. Union Street, Sparta
204 E. Muskegon Street, Cedar Springs
351 N. Main Street, Kent City